The Big Push Expert Series:
Public Relations for Your StartUp
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
129 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, ON M5V 2L3
Public Relations (PR) can be one of the most affordable and efficient ways for startups to create awareness, establish credibility, and support their marketing and lead-gen efforts. Whether your startup plans to manage its PR internally or work with an agency, the key to success is an ongoing, strategic program.
Public Relations for Startups is brought to you by The Big Push as part of its monthly Expert Series. The event will bring together leading PR experts (agency and in-house) and technology reporters from two of Canada’s top mainstream media outlets for a discussion that will answer these and many other questions:
- There is much more to PR than media relations – what other elements should be part of a startup’s PR program?
- How do I know when I’m ready for PR?
- What role can PR play in a startup’s recruitment drive?
- How do you create awareness for a crowd-funded product launch?
- The role of PR in supporting a startup’s fundraising efforts
- How do you measure PR?
- If my startup is ready to work with a PR agency, how do I know which agency to hire?
Working with media:
- What do startups need to know about working with media?
- What makes a good startup story? And how does this differ between a technology publication and mainstream media?
- What are the biggest pet peeves for journalists?
- How does the newsroom operate and what are the different roles that people play?
- What is the difference between an embargo and an exclusive?
- When it comes to broadcast media, what opportunities exist for startups?
- My startup would like to work with US media. How do the US and Canadian media markets differ?
Jodi Echakowitz, CEO of Boulevard Public Relations | Founding member of The Big Push
- Josh O’Kane – Technology reporter for The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business.
- Manjula Selvarajah – Technology columnist for CBC Radio and freelance journalist.
- Corey Herscu – CEO and founder of RNMKR PR
- Lisa Gibson – Executive Communications Lead and Senior Business Manager at Microsoft Canada.
Join us for an engaging conversation focused on PR for Startups, mingle with some of Canada’s top PR leaders and journalists, and enjoy refreshments provided by Elle Cuisine.
MICROSOFT NAMED PRESENTING SPONSOR OF THE BIG PUSH EXPERT SERIES
The Big Push has successfully launched a Monthly Expert Event Series that brings together an expansive network of industry experts to present engaging content and panel discussions around issues surrounding women in tech, innovation, diversity, and emerging trends. Each Expert Series includes a gender-balanced, diverse panel moderated by one of The Big Push Founding Members.
Microsoft has just come on board as the Presenting Sponsor of the Expert Series. Their support will be invaluable as we roll out our plan to address important topics relevant to The Big Push community, female founders and leaders, etc.
“We are thrilled to have Microsoft on board as a premier sponsor of our Expert Series. They are a leader in innovation and share a deep commitment to advancing women in the workplace,” says Sharon Zohar, founder and CEO of The Big Push.